Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Meditation, Evolution & Transformation

Looking back ... not even THAT far back... I see how and who I used to be.  So angry, worried and weary... I was constantly looking for some kind of outlet.  My form of creation is dancing and singing. These activities made (and still make) me feel so free and happy ... and I'm always in alignment... filled with so much joy.  Although alignment was always guaranteed with these activities (for me)... there came a point where I realized that it was a "temporary fix".  Due to working and attending classes... I cannot be in a dance studio as much as I would prefer.  Stress and pressure coming from so many angles; work, school, romantic relationship, family and friends... it felt like I was drifting further and further away from wanting to be connected with everyone... even the ones whom I love and cherish.

I knew something had to give... I knew that it was time for me to truly listen to myself.. my heart and my soul.  It was time to find peace and alignment.  I started meditating.  My original plan was to just sit in COMPLETE silence to turn off my mind... but I soon discovered that this was an extremely difficult task without music.  I searched youtube for some meditation music and stumbled upon a video which guides you through the chakras (link to the video).  Having read a little bit on chakras.. I gave it a try... WOW!  So thankful that I "stumbled" upon that video!  I started meditating in the morning and at night before bed.  After a few months, I no longer needed the video as a guide... I could meditate on my own (with music of course.. just because I love it so much!).

I'm so thankful to have made these changes and additions in my life.  So thankful for the guides and tools that has been given to me.  I used to be afraid of change... but now I understand the importance of change for our evolution.  We evolve mentally, spiritually and emotionally.  And in order to evolve we must take the steps and make the efforts TO change... and of course... embrace change.  Give yourself, as well as others, the chance to change and evolve.

I encourage everyone to make and take the time to meditate.  It's an amazing way to find our peace, our center, our alignment and of course... OURSELVES.


*Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love <3