Thursday, August 18, 2011

My personal experience in this journey

I just wanted to share something I experienced quite recently. As you may know, I'm continuing this spiritual journey and there are decisions that I must make and situations I must face along the way. This is definitely one of them. As I wrote about in my previous blog about staying true to yourself... this is a perfect example... so I HAD to write about it.

Recently, I confronted someone about how they made me feel. I noticed that I was beginning to internalize negative feelings and energy ... and thought to myself "hold on, Karma... this is exactly what you were talking about before. Stay true... open up your heart... and show respect..." That's when I asked her... "can I talk to you, please?" We walk into a quiet room.. close the door ... we both sit down... and I just said it.. "I don't think you appreciate me." And as soon as those words came out my mouth.. I thought to myself.. "WOW... I feel so much better." I must admit..I was a little shaken up because I didn't think I would be sitting in this room with this woman and confronting her about how she's been making me feel. I gave her a little bit of my reasoning for it... but my main concern was myself and not to argue or even hear some kind of explanation. (The only reason why I did not want to hear too much of her side is because I already know how she truly felt about me... basically... I did not want to hear lies.) I don't think it's right for me to keep these feelings inside and unheard because of what it will do to my well being and my spirit. I felt these negative emotions creep deeper and deeper inside my heart ... and my heart started to race... I couldn't function properly in my daily routines.... yes... I had to say it... I had to say it fast.. I had to get rid of the negative energy. Of course, I said it in a respectful way... I did NOT want to hurt her feelings as well... I did this for myself and to make her aware of it. It was really more of a confession from my heart space.

Basically... I encourage you to speak your mind and your heart. Show your heart and spirit that you truly care and love yourself. If someone is saying or doing something negative and you feel it ... do NOT internalize it. Understand that you are confronting these issues or events to better yourself and always keep your well being in mind. After all... who will keep your heart and soul in mind? You will and you do... you are responsible for your thoughts and feelings... your spirit and your heart. Keep it alive.. keep it positive. Show yourself love, support, respect and care.



This was definitely a step forward in my path. Thanks for reading :)

*peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your love <3